[ST] product and service reviews

Over the next week or so I will be sending out a few product and
service reviews.

Today's post will be a double.

First of all Eurocycles in Tarpon Springs. And I hope TOA is
listening, these guys deserve a shot on the arm, a very very hard
one! Took apart my fairings this evening. Pretty easy to do. And
to my surprise I found something very interesting, the "new" body
panel they put on my bike after the accident in FL, had the upper
tab plastic welded on. My friend was amazed, as it has been a while
since she has herd me string so many un-kind and somewhat rude
adjectives toward a person or group. As well as far as I can
determine the last batch of parts they ordered where never approved
by the insurance adjuster and there is still something not right
with the front suspension. So I still have battles with the insurance
company. BTW, Bill only heard a couple of good reviews from these
guys. My experience is of course otherwise.

Second note the PIAA lights I installed and now de-installed on my
bike. They are very much flame throwers, but unfortunately they
are not nearly as focussed as I would like. From what I could tell
on coming drivers where very much annoyed by the lights, often I
received flashes of the high beams from the happy motorists. But
the kicker was that I had the lights aimed fairly low, to that end
at night they produced more glare from the road 10 feet in front
of me than they gained in the distance.

So now they are going to wind up on the back of my truck to replace
cheaper fog'ish type lights. And there they will be very useful!
So I am not going to consider my money wasted. And for that matter
the wire loom and relay from the lights are going to work quite
well with a few mods for my new horns. Review on those in a day or
two.

Thanks for listening to my mini-rant.

Tom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664