Re: [ST] distance riding

Dennis,

I would suggest continued practice.  You have to work up to some of these
distances.  Have you tried a hydration system(drinking bottle), like
Camelbak or Platapus(sic)?  If you can continually hydrate you won't be
quite as 'burned up' by the heat.  Sometimes the gear you wear limits your
ability to function with lack of ventelation or improper fit, are your
leathers perf or vented?  I know it's simple but do you ride with earplugs
in?  Those that don't are often suprised by the improvement in their
endurance simply because their hearing isn't being pounded constantly.  Try
some basic stretching before starting the day.  Try checking out the Iron
Butt Ass. webpage, http://www.ironbutt.com/.  They have the Archive of
Wisdom that contains some real pearls for this kind of stuff.

Unfortunatly you have picked one of the hardest parts of the year to work up
long distance endurance.  Take it easy.

Steven Kohlscheen
1999 Triumph Sprint ST
AMA life member #548538
BMWMOA #74317, member of the Generic Club #319
HSTA # 9351
TSRA member "Dirty Dawg"