[ST] More on sprockets

Yes, I know I am re-warming an old thread but hang on in there.  As already
mentioned a quick bangs for bucks mod is to change from a 19T to 18T front
sprocket.  I am happy that even with a hugger no chain mods are needed,
thanks to some nifty cad work by Nick ?the dirtbag?.  I have found that
Lilleys are selling OEM sprockets at around 38UKP, while I can get an 18T
elsewhere for 9UKP, BIG difference.  I rang the cheaper supplier who said
that the only difference is that their sprockets do not have a vulcanised
rubber coating a la Triumph, so they may make a little bit more noise at low
speeds.

Can anyone confirm this, is there a big difference between OEM and third
party sprockets? Obviously the ?saved? 29UKP will go towards a new can.

- ---
Rich Crinson

'01 Black RS