[ST] belly foam

In a message dated 7/23/01 10:02:51 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Does a standard 2001 ST have insulating foam on the inside of the right
hand
side belly fairing? I have a foam lining on the left side, but not on the
right side now and I can't remember if there was some before I had it
resprayed.
Ta >>
My original belly pan, which melted on the right side where it is close to
the exhaust pipe (?catalytic converter, I think, on my California '99 ST) had
foam there. So did the replacement one, which also started to melt. At that
point I had Rocket M/C here in San Diego cut out the melted area, and also
the front of the fairing chin (which is part of the main fairing). The foam
was quite thin-I wonderd if some aluminum-backed asbestos, which I have some
of, would have worked better, but settled for the cut-out. Dave Collins, San
diego