Re: [ST] Speaking of heat

Daniel,

This month, I upgraded from a '99 Trophy/4 to an ST & have to take the
opposing viewpoint.  In traffic, there isn't a great deal of difference, tho
I'd guess that your 900 might be a bit cooler than my 1200 was.  The big
difference is that the ST's aero package allows airflow over the rider's
upper body when moving, which I find to be much cooler.  On the '99> Trophy
almost all of the airflow is deflected over the rider with a bit of backwash
onto the back, which has little, if any cooling effect.  I'm lucky enough to
get to ride a variety of Triumphs and while the RS is noticably cooler on
the feet/lower legs, the extra protection and more relaxed riding position
of the ST make it the choice for me.  If it gets really hot, I'll just
remove the belly pan and if necessary, the side fairing panels as well.  If
you like your Trophy otherwise, why not save a pile of money and remove the
lowers & rig up some alternate turnsignals.  I toyed with making mine naked
for the summer months & calling it a speed fourple :o).

Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST
'99 Trophy/4 - gone but not forgotten

> Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 07:23:03 -0500
> From: "Daniel Miller" <sportybird@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ST] Speaking of heat
>
> I'm looking for advice from former Trophy/current Sprint ST owners as to
the > difference between the 2 concerning the amount of heat you have to put
up