Re: [ST] recommend front brake pads

>My shop has stock sets at $106, but EBC sintered are around
>$75.  I don't like brakes that squeal.  Thoughts?

Bil,

I went fo rhte stock pads. Reason: I had replaced the pads on my 1990 Suzuki
Katana with Vesrah Sintered Kevlar HH pads, sold to my by the Suzuki dealer
as "great pads". About 1/2 the cost of stockers. Those pads did increase the
stop-ability by quite a bit, if a bit "grabby".

HOWEVER, within the next 7,000 miles, those pads wore my pristine disk
rotors badly. The pattern was indulating concentric circles, deepest  where
ever the pads had full contact (the "no holes" bands).

4 new Vesrah pads: $72.00
2 new Suzuki disk rotors and Suzuki pads: $365
Lesson learned: priceless

FWIW, I would buy aftermarket again, but only the same rebranded pads as
original. The Triumph pads (and all the other brake parts) on Sprints are
Nissin. There's numbers all over the back of these "HH" pads, so I'd shop
around and see if I can't find that p/n from another source. For instance,
some earlier calipers and pads were easily cross-referenced to Kawasaki
replacements, and there are a LOT of discount houses for Kawaski parts as
compared to Triumph. The potential savings merits doing the investigation.

Any other suggestions?

Ken M.