[ST] Re: antenna mounts

Bill Swartz asked where to mount his CB27a antenna.

Bill,
I mounted mine to the lowest part of the mudfap below the license plate.
It is probably not the best place functionally, but it was the only
place I could stand to look at it.  It angles back just a touch so as
not to touch my luggage rack.  This is on a Trophy BTW, but I don't see
why it should be any different on the Sprint.  On my ST, I have resorted
to a stubby, rubber duck type antenna mounted directly to the unit with
a 90 degree fitting on it, so as to make it more portable for fitting it
to other bikes.  The one on the Trophy stays on that bike, which is why
I chose to permanently mount the antenna to it.

Incidentally, Bill, this HJC 27a unit is a POS.  Neither one of mine has
ever worked properly for communications due to its crapo condensor mic
which is not noise cancelling.  It does however play music and receive
CB traffic nicely which is why I kept them.  Forget trying to talk to
anyone on it unless you're at a stop light.

Cheers,
Jonathan West "2 Dawgs"
95 Trophy 4
99 ST