RE: [ST] Update on "runs like crap" ST

Steve,

This has gotta suck; I hope things turn around soon. Dunno if Jerry would
want me to spread this around or not...In my first 3 months of ownership, I
had a burst fuel line, the corroded wiring harness connection & faulty fuel
sender, and more leaky fuel quick disconnects. Since 3 out of four of these
are safety issues, and my bike was in the shop for over 9 weeks in the first
3 months, and my dealer rocks and went to bat for me, and I whined my ass
off directly to Jerry, I was given the Triumph classic jeans and jacket. Now
I don't say this so that everyone who has a problem can go to Jerry and say,
"You gave HIM this stuff, why not me?". I'm just letting you know so that
you can gauge the issues I had against yours and the level of compensation
they're willing to give to you. I remember being very, very upset the first
few months of ownership. I swore a lot. Since then, however, the bike has
run nearly perfectly with the exception of slightly lower than average gas
mileage. I did experience the shorted ignition switch this summer that has
been reported on this list, but that was promptly repaired and caused little
trouble.

Triumph's gift did two things. First, it pacified a very unhappy (at that
time) customer. Second, it made it so I just HAD to have the Reed replica
helmet, matching triumph boots, and a nice pair of gloves. All three
purchased from my wonderful dealer. Screw the few bucks I could have saved
going somewhere else, I want these guys to stay in business!

Oh yeah, the equipment I wear now looks soooooo much better than the chaps
and tasseled jacket I WAS wearing. Look OK on the Virago...

I hope they take care of ya!

- -C