[ST] RE: st-digest V2001 #455

Steve,

I agree with Erik - The Ohlins (or Penske, but more expensive) and RaceTech
is the way to go - a HUGE difference over stock.

Erik is a bit high on cost though.  If you pull the forks and send 'em off
to Racetech, they'll do everything for about $420 or thereabouts, I forget
exactly.  An Ohlins ordered from The Netherlands
(http://www.ohlins.nl/kroon.htm )should be less than $600 (and set up for
your weight, although you may have to wait a month perhaps (best to ask), so
the total cost comes out to closer to $1100.

Removing and replacing the forks is really very easy - about 40 minutes to
take them out and a little more to put 'em back, but then I'm a relatively
slow worker on my bike and this was the first & only time I'd taken them
off.

Alex