Re: [ST] Bunch of stuff

Previously, you (Daniel Miller) wrote:
> Thanks again to the several people who responded to my questions about
> comparing heat. There were a few comments about what one wears and the
> effect that has on heat, particularly the comments about how HOT jeans seem
> to be.  We have quite the analytical crew here and maybe someone can shed
> some light on the reasons why jeans are hotter than anything else. And what
> are these "anything elses" that people are wearing that seem to be cooler?
> I've always worn jeans or jeans with leather chaps, so perhaps I need to
> wear something cooler --- what?

I recently replaced Draggin Jeans with Triumph classic perforated
(leather) jeans.  I've completed two rides with them in Florida's
notorious July weather -- the most recent ride was 300 miles.

I don't know about normal jeans but I can sure tell you that Draggin
Jeans are much, MUCH warmer than perforated leather! Even if the leather
is black.

The ambient thermometer on my handle bar was reading over 100F at one
point on Saturday but, so long as we kept moving, I was comfortable.

BTW, the Draggin Jeans did a great job in protecting me from road rash.
What was missing was hip pads -- 2.5 months later and my hip and upper
thigh is still tender from where I hit.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL