Re: [ST] Triumph Daytona

Marc, I have to agree with John on this one, because by doing the mods, you are testing the bike that virtually all of the owners will be riding. By testing the restricted bike, you are testing a bike that no one else will ever be riding. Even the bikes Aprilia uses for its demos have been derestricted, according to Robert Pandya or whatever his name is (I lost his card). In other words, a restricted bike is something that virtually doesn't exist in the real world.

>>> Marc Cook <marccook@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 7/29/01 10:25 PM >>>
About the Mille, then. Burns took it upon himself to do the mods and I
disagreed. I think I've got Boehm convinced that every bike will remain
stock for the duration of the test and if we want "add on" performance
measurements we can do those after the fact and not include them in the
performance data or let them influence the finishing order of the comparo.

- --MC

End of st-digest V2001 #459