Re: [ST] Foam Pads in Body Panels

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Neil Lindsey wrote:

> [...]

Yes, most definitely, I have nothing against Triumph in the repair.
I definitely meant the dealer. Sorry for any confusion I might have
created. My 9r was exactly the same way, the foam pads are separate
part numbers.

After re-reading my previous statement I should add, I have nothing
against Triumph in general. They are having growing pains, but that
is no different than any other company that is growing to the extent
Triumph is. My bench mark is, are they doing something about them,
and as far as I can see the answer is 'Hell yeah'.

It is still amazing that I have owned the ST half as long as the
TT, and I have received at least twice as many positive comments
about the bike than the car. It is amazing how many older people
have come up to me and said "wow, Triumph eh, it's not like my
first Triumph", or "I rode a Triumph in the war, great bike then,
wow they've changed a bit", or just general "great looking bike"

About the only two groups of people that have not given me too many
favorable comments would be the Harley riders (although one or two
have been kind enough) and hyper sport bike riders (still one or
two exceptions). I guess those 2 groups are functionally jealous :-)

Tom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664