Re: [ST] RE: (ST) RE: (ST) New Daytona (And superbike review spoilers

I disagree. I've scraped both pegs on my RS. In fact, I practically ground off the feeler on my right peg while riding through a fast sweeper last Saturday. I might ride a bit on the hard side, but I know many riders who are much more aggressive than I am. Perhaps it would be difficult to scrape the peg feelers on a pure sportbike made by anyone other than Honda, but on a sport-touring bike like the Sprint, it is not all that unreasonable a thing to do.

>>> "Peckham ." <peckhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx> - 7/30/01 12:59 PM >>>
This ground clearance issue perplexes me.  I ride at a pretty spirited pace
on a variety of tight and twisty road conditions.  I have ridden in the
French Alps, the San Gabriel Mountains, Malibu canyons, Mt. St. Helens,
etc., and I have yet to touch anything down my RS or the following bikes:
Thunderbird(1), SV650, Fazer 600, TDM 850, VFR, BMW R1100GS and I never
scraped anything.  I have touched down on a Harley Fatboy and a Vulcan 1500,
though.

I think that if you are touching stuff down, you need to re-think how you
ride.  A quick turn-in means that you don't have to lean the bike over so
far. On the track is a different story, given the extreme speed, but on the
street I see know need to be touching things down unless you are on a
cruiser.