[ST] what a day.... <off topic but I need to vent>

As well as owning my '98 Sprint ST I have a '91 Chevy S-10 Blazer - the
Chevy's Air Conditioning is been dead , the circuit the blower motor is
on has a short somewhere, and has been in and out of the shop all year
with my mechanic trying to figure out just what is wrong with it.

He'll call saying it's fixed but will blow the circuit almost every time
I leave the lot, it's like it's cursed or something.  Well anyway,
several months ago he called and told me he was terribly sorry for
having taken so long and not finding the problem and that he was now
taking it personally.  He would, with my approval, work on it as long as
it took to get it diagnosed and fixed NO CHARGE (I'd allready paid for 2
"repairs" previously.)

Well, yesterday he called and said it was done and to come pick it up.
I showed up and he had a huge grin on his face but looked a little
sheepish.  Turns out he DID NOT find the problem, though it was
obviously shorting somewhere.  He replaced blower motors, switches, etc
to no avail and finally decided the only thing left to do was to......

get ready for it.....

he added a toggle switch, evidentaly bypassing the fuse block, so that
when it died (the a/c) I could toggle it off, let it cool, and then turn
it back on again.  Not a perfect fix but at least I'd have air, defrost,
and heat again.

Today, less than 24 hours after picking it up from the shop, my truck
caught fire while in the drive through at McDonalds.  911 was called and
the trucks came out to investigate, by which time I allready had the
fire out.  Tow truck and $100 later I had it towed to a local Chevy
dealer and hope to have a diagnosis by tomorrow.  I am going to call my
mechanic and tell him as soon as I hear from the dealership and report
it to my insurance company.

There is some good news though....  only 7 months until my new car
arrives (2002 Mini Cooper S) and I now have a great smoker in case
anyone wants to come over for a BBQ.