[ST] RE:Aprilia "Styling" & Bill's Undies, Darwin in a Bunch

Darwin Holmstrom" Sez:

"I must have bad taste, "
Agreed

"...but I like the Futura a lot, even just from the photos. I'll concede
that the tail section is a bit too much--someone on this list said it looks
like an anus, and I agree--but I like the lines of the fairing. I wouldn't
trade my RS for one, though."

I DID see it in person and it looked more like a concept bike than a real
motorcycle.... (I like the Ford Futura better)

"This isn't the first time I've seen comments like this, and I can't quite
figure out what your point is. The difference between two bikes may be
minute, but the job of the magazine is to discern those differences, however
minute. So if you, Bill, don't like the results, what in the hell do you
expect the magazine staff to do about it? Lie?"

Well geez Darwin, I dunno. Maybe evaluate the bikes on their own merits,
describe the bike technical details, strengths, and weaknesses and perhaps
let US decide which is better for us. You asked, Darwin.

"The Aprilia Futura scored 95.0, and the Triumph Sprint ST scored 94.5, but
we're declaring the Triumph the winner because we don't want Bill to get his
undies all in a bunch."

Hey! Leave my underwear out of this! Uh, I forgot. I haven't worn underwear
since the 60's man! (reference to the Easy Rider days - if you were there to
remember, Darwin.  :) )

Peace Bro,
Bill Findiesen