Re: [ST] Digital dawg! Love that paint!

At 11:26 PM 6/1/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Great paint job... it should be available factory..
>what was the cost of the aftermarket paint, I realize
>it was an insurance deal, but do you know what it
>would run... I have been considering a fresh paint job
>on my red sprint ST only becaus other people have red
>ones too, mine has to be different, thinking turquoise
>(spellcheck).  also cool is the CF cockpit
>treatments... great bike!
>Keep the shiny side up!
>
>Tony Burke
>00' Sprint ST (RED)
>85 MagnaV30
Well the whole paint job cost 1100 but that included fixing up the scraped up parts.  The paint itself is some german brand that is used to paint mercedes, porsche, ferrari's and such....very high quality paint. I remember the painter saying the clear alone costs 200 a quart.
And that's on top of a base color, and a top color with the pearl mixed in that.  Had to go that route because the company that makes Lucifer Orange (Pearl Paints) is located in England and does not have any distributors here in the States. And with HazMat fees a quart of paint would have been ungodly expensive.  As for carbon fiber I wish they made a carbon fiber gas cap (hint hint).  Wished they made a Carbon fiber gas cap.

Lex "Digital Dawg" Offer
reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx
2000 Lucifer Orange Sprint ST
1986 VF1000 F-2 Bol d'Or