[ST] Re: Bonnie for Sprint advice please

> I bought a 2001 Bonneville 3 weeks ago for $700.00
> It runs  hot (the headers glow cherry red), and it seems too slow.
> I'm trading for a Sprint RS
> I think the dealership may be trying to stick me

I presume you meant to say $7,000? For $700 you had a great deal! I think
the RS is a good choice but have you actually researched it or tried it? The
way you apparently didn't do any homework on or try the Bonnie? Which is
known to be slow, so if you didn't want to go slow why did you buy it? Plus
it's surely running-in? The new Bonnie is also known to run hot, and unless
it's actually running badly you can't really call it a 'problem'. It's
probably just running lean, which is easily fixed. And you are certain to
take a large hit in the wallet if you sell a new bike after only 3 weeks.
The fastest depreciation on anything new occurs as you take the keys. AND
your dealer has to make a living % on any part-exchange. You'd be better off
selling it privately and doing a cash deal on the RS.

PS: Get the black one!

Barry the unsympathetic biker
00RS