Re: [ST] GPS Options - PDA with GPS Attachment?

Hi Bill,
Well I had a chance to try out the iPAQ this weekend with the Pharoa GPS.
I was also trying the MP3 playing capability at the same time. When you are
listening tomusic, the GPS voice doesn't override the music. With out
the music,
the GPS voice will tell you about upcoming turns and bongs at the turn itself.
(I found this out using it in the car to see how that was.) The "bong" usually
occurred right at the intersection. It also reports when you are off course.
You simply touch Find, then New Route, and it quickly recalculates your route
and navigates back to on course. Pretty cool.

On the bike, I put it in the map pocket of the tank bag, without the
bag. Runs
from the accessory plug. With ear plugs, and my right ear only headset from
the intercom, the iPAQ isn't wuite loud enough to really hear well at
fwy
speeds, but otherwise does pretty well. I haven't tried it without earplugs.

I'll send a fuller report after the rallye, (western, that is).
Hope this helps. I kind of like the one unit does all approach, but longer
usage will probably tell. BTW, the unit comes with full maps of the US.
Western, North eastern, and South eastern CDs. Oh, and the touch screen with
gloves allows minimal input to the iPAQ, so I'm working on attaching a scribe
to the nag for more control while wearing gloves. More later.