Re: [ST] Re: 1'st ride New RS

Hey Nick!

>Picked up the new RS at 6:00 last night. Did a quick 80 mile run to feel it
>out. First thoughts, the riding position is not that bad (this coming off
>an Adventurer). Engine is lovely. Handles like a go cart (next to the
>already mentioned Adventurer).

I remember this feeling driving home my 01' Sprint ST.  Like the old Toyota
motto "Oh, What a Feeling!"

>Second thoughts - is this first 100 miles at under 3500 rpm sadistic
>torture or what? I did pretty well except for when I passed 3 cars and one
>van towing a boat in one move on a 2 lane road. Forgot about the 3500 rpm
>limit on that one. D*mn is this thing hard to shift! I'm getting a bruise
>on my left foot trying to bang it into gear. The Adventurer was stiff when
>new but this is 5 times worse. I know it should improve when I get the
>synthetic in at the first oil change. Forget about putting it into neutral
>at a stop - the shifter won't even budge.

LOL... I remember this as well.  I did just about all of my 1000 miles on
side streets, so my break-in was equally as stressful.  I remamber "3500
RPM?!?!? WTF!!!"  Stick to the manual as everyone on the list says... it
WILL be worth it!  My bike shifts great now, and the stiffness goes down
cosiderable once you have your 500 mile oil change/service.  After 100
miles, you can at least rev it to 5000, which is more bearable.

>Love the brakes - love the looks.
>I think I'm gonna like this bike.

Don't think...
You WILL love this bike...