From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
PANicholas
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 11:06 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Re: 1'st ride New RS

Nick,

In reference to shifting, I also recently got a '00 yellow RS....and the
shifting was horrible.  Everyone said oh it'll loosen up it's just the way
they are...

B.S.!!  I broke out the manual that actually says that proper adjustment of
the clutch cable is a DAILY maintenance check....and TA-DA!  I adjusted it
and at the 1 month service the dealer re-adjusted it and it is the smoothest
shifting bike I've ever had.  If you're having problems shifting, finding
neutral, etc...it's not a break-in issue, it's an adjustment/maintenance
issue.

The sooner you get it adjusted the more fun you'll have and the quicker
you'll blitz through the break-in period...(the first 1,000 miles)

Good Luck!

Paul
'00 RS