[ST] RE: Why Turbo a Bonnie

>One has to ask the question, "Why?"
>The others I understand, but a turbo Bonnie?

So they can keep up with a W650 ?
CA Stu A13
Riverside CA

Stu, Stu, Stu..... The Bonnie IS faster than that W650 Dog.
Why Turbo the Bonnie? To make it go faster! Seriously, why turbo anything.
To make it go faster. Chances are if you don't get the Bonnie thing, and
many on this may not, it would be difficult to explain. If you had one in
'the good old days' like some of us, you can romanticize about them. BUT in
the years between we have been spoiled by technology - so we want the
nostalgia of the design BUT if we wanted the original feel we would go BUY a
clean '70 Bonnie and have the real thing. If you want to ride hassle free
with the look and feel but all the advantages of technology - the new Bonnie
is the cat's ass (I dunno what it means, but it always sounded cool when I
heard it growing up, so forgive me). The W650 is similar in size and feel of
the old Bonnies, BUT it is TOO much like them and yet is Japanese so it
could not be it. And while I am picking on the W650, a towershaft? I think
Kawasaki was looking at a Ducati Dianah, not a Bonneville for classic engine
cues. Fork gaiters? We HATED them in the 'good old days' and the '71 and
newer bikes got ride of the old 'grand father' look of gaiters. (I am
picking on Motorcycle Consumer News and Cycle World here a little as these
were the criticisms placed on the Bonnie and praises heaped on the W650.
Motorcyclist was the only magazine to get it and that is because Mitch Boehm
watched the development phase).
Any way, that is my $1.49 worth (adjusted for inflation and probably not
worth as much as other posts.... :)  )
Bill Findiesen