[ST] Longer Shift Lever & Intro

Hello.  Quick introduction and then a quick question.  I just bought an 01
Sprint ST.  So far, my impressions of the bike are very positive and I look
forward to putting a lot of miles on her.  I do a lot of sport-touring,
with an emphasis on both sport and touring.  I'm setting the bike up so
that I can ride it to Deals Gap, Colorado, Washington State - wherever - in
moderate comfort and still be able to enjoy the twisties when the road
happens to go that way.  I had been using a 93 Honda CBR1000F for these
rides, but with 80K miles on her, she's getting old, tires, and is burning
a little too much oil to remain a primary bike.  The Sprint ST seems to be
a great bike for this purpose, as it's about 80 lbs lighter, about the same
HP, and the ergos are only slightly more aggressive than the CBR.  Throw in
FI, a SSS, and integrated hard bags, and it was a difficult bike to pass
up, especially after a 30 minute test ride through some Wisconsin
backroads.  Hook, line, and sinker.

Anyway, my biggest complaint is the shift lever position and size.  I have
a hard time getting my clod-hoppers underneath the shift lever to upshift.
I have adjusted it upwards, but the lever itself is too short so the amount
of force it takes to shift into second (which is a hellova hard throw BTW)
is leaving a bruise on the top of my foot.  I would like to get a longer
shift lever so that there is better leverage when shifting through this
somewhat klunky transmission.  Has anyone done this, and/or does anyone
share my problem with the ST?  Is there an easy solution that someone can
offer?

Other than that, the bike is incredible and I'm very happy with my
decision.  I've been lurking for a while and I appreciate the comments that
this list has....and the fact that it's not overly chatty.  That must mean
that people on this list actually get out and RIDE rather than just sitting
writing email.  :-)  Wow - what a concept.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tad Gralewski   tad_gralewski@xxxxxxxx
01 Triumph Sprint ST - name t.b.d
95 ST1100 - STress-Reliever  STOC #1539
77 GS750 - The Blue Dolphin
93 CBR1000F - The Black Whale - R.I.P. (rebuild in progress)
http://members.home.com/tadgralewski
The best things in life that you find are
those things you never went looking for. - RTG