Re: [ST] Triumph Mobil 1 vs. Golden Spectro?

Hi Scott,

I don't really see the use of Golden Spectro as a problem but  I would most
definitely contact Triumph to see if it impacts your warranty.  Relative to
the dealer's statement that they are exactly the same, I would answer only
if they are bottled on the same production line.  There are several brands
of products that have different manufacturer names on the packaging but are
produced in the same facility.  Dow make anti-freeze and fills jugs with
Prestone, Havoline, etc. printed on them on the same line.  Mobil make Mobil
1 in their facility in Beaumont, TX.  I don't know if they fill Golden
Spectro containers there or not.  The Spectro people have historically been
custom blenders specializing in motorcycle applications.

Frankly, although I think the Mobil product is a good one.  I would be more
apt to trust the Spectro people.
This would be a goood research project to take on.  I'll see what I can find
out.

Zac
'00 Sprint Blue
Kingwood, TX