[ST] Re: schools, lemons

>I think this is a pretty common misconception of riding schools.  I've
>been to two highly  regarded schools and what they both taught was
>physics and Motorcycle CONTROL.  The skills I learned there I use
>everyday to get my butt there and back again in one piece,  not
>necessarily any faster.  Racetracks are used simply because they are a
>place where skills can be practiced and observed in a controlled
>environment without interference from other traffic.
>David
>'99 ST

David:

I've been to both CLASS and CSS a few times, (as well as Fastrak and WSMC
NR school) and can say with _absolute_ certainty that they are all about
improving bike management and control in a controlled environment. The
environment is all about the fixed set of corners presented at the track,
not about dealing with the dynamic and unpredictable environment elsewhere.
That's exactly what I meant to say they are...if there was a
misunderstanding, I apologize because it was because of my imprecise
language. Nothing changes my opinion that they don't teach much about what
decisions to make and how to make them before you start controlling the
bike.

Patti:

Why in the _world_ haven't you invoked the lemon law?? I'd sadly have
problems trusting my life to a bike with the history of Booh, and I think
that you're at the point where a new bike is called for. I'd be chatting
with Triumph on that basis Monday...but that's just a suggestion ... <g>.

MarcD