Re: [ST] Re: Any High Milage ST out there

I'm at 28,500 miles and feel much the same way.  I haven't had any
electrical issues.  I replaced a slightly warped front rotor only because I
got sensitive to it, and my dealer replaced a cracked header under
warrantee.  I have been thru 3 fuel gauge senders, neither leaked, the first
one was just inaccurate, the 2nd was replaced on principle, and it's float
failed to do so after a while, the 3rd is just fine.  I have worn out a
number of tires and one set of chain and chain wheels(sprockets for us
Stateside).  I had my dealer do the Race Tech cartridge emulators and
springs upgrade, because I feel I am pushing the stock settings a little too
much, and I had Sargent re-build the seat after 19k.  I am also using a Zero
Gravity Sport Touring windshield.  I changed the shifter lever to a
Daytona/Speed Triple one piece.  The rest of the bike is stock.  My ST is a
great bike that just continues to perform wonderfully for me.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
I have 47,000 miles on my 99' ST. I have had a couple of electrical faults
but nothing engine related. Sounds just the same now as when she was new.
The engine in the ST is built to last, it is not highly tuned and in my
personal opinion should be good for 90,000 to 100,000 before needing any
major attention.