Re: [ST] New Member

At 11:28 PM 6/11/01 +0100, Bruce Thomas-Peter wrote:
>     I'm Bruce Thomas-Peter, 45 (going on 17), from Yorkshire in the UK. I've
>joined this list because last weekend I traded in my beloved Yamaha TDM 850
>twin that I'd owned for 3 and a half years for a black '99 Sprint ST. WOW,

Greetings and welcome. It looks like you were destined for the triple ...
with three first names and all.... ;-)

>     The only gripe I had was the gear lever position. When I adjusted it to
>get my big (UK 11) foot hooked underneath it was pivoting towards my ankle
>and I was getting bruises on my big toe joint. I say "was getting bruises"
>because today I managed to make some bits and bobs (I work in a machine
>shop) without the supervision noticing and I've remounted the gear lever
>onto the uppermost footrest plate fastener. This mod has put the icing on
>the cake for me, now all I need is some decent weather.

One rule of the list is that if you do a cool mod, you've got to submit a
picture. Be sure to send one in.

>     I do have one question, can anyone explain what the dawg thing's all
>about. Pardon my ignorance.

No problem. Several members on the ST list came together and created a
Rider's Group - http://www.tsra.cc  The Bulldog is our mascot and the Dawg
names just sprouted from there. The club is primarily made up of ST and RS
owners, although you don't need to own one to join. Just need to love to
ride. We are now doing two rallies per year in the US and are hoping that
someone decides to try and put on some events in the UK or Europe.

- -Eric
aka Weasel Dawg