[ST] The Dog's Dangly Bits

<It's a device that I fear has largely fallen into disuse in contemporary
<spoken UK-English, with oral crudities resulting from the prevalence of a
<'laddish' culture [sic] being the order of the day.
<
<Although Mike is right that popular parlance would favour the direct phrase
<'the dogs bollocks', general laziness would normally see this shortened
<simply to 'the dogs' (everyone but maiden aunts - of whom there are few
<these days - instantly being able to provide the omitted substantive).
<
<Contrarily, I fear your original proclamation that your project was looking
<like 'the dogs dangling bits', might have missed the euphemism by such a
<margin as to be interpreted literally by your British audience - i.e. that
<the project was wrinkly and pear-shaped.
<
<I trust this assists in the promotion of cordial international relations
and
<team bonding ~:)
<
<I am, sir, your most obedient servant,

Keith,
 I'd like to convey my deepest appreciation for your perspicuous and
non-pedantic dissertation on contemporary British euphemisms in general and
canine testicles in particular. Your erudite insights have served to
convince me of the folly of continued reference to  gonads (canine or
otherwise) in any upcoming business meetings. Henceforth, no further mention
of animal naughty bits will be made. I will, however, continue to describe
my RS as the "Bee's Knees".

Jim