Re: [ST] ST- Breaks

By any chance, have you lubricated your chain recently?  When I took my bike
to the dealer for 500mi service, the person applied the chain lube from the
side, NOT from behind the rear sprocket, and in doing this, he sprayed chain
lube all over my rear disc.  As soon as I pulled out of his dealership, I
had no rear brakes at all.

If this is what happened to you, clean off your rear disc with carb cleaner.
  If you can, take the pads off and scrub them as well.  I was lucky enough
just to rub the disc a few times with carb cleaner and the brakes were as
good as new.

Hope this helps.

Scott
01' Sprint ST

>Hi Guys
>Can you help please !
>I have a 00 ST Sprint (blue) with only 3800ks on the clock but this Triumph
>has no back breaks. When I say no I mean no, I'm use to an old 81 Yamaha XS
>1.1 which is 20 years behind the time but it has back breaks, apply
>pressure and it stops, a little more and the back wheel locks at all
>speeds. The b/break on the ST just does not perform. The only use is to
>stop the bike from rolling backwards on a hill. Any suggestions please? I
>live in Cape Town, South Africa where we need all the breaks we can get and
>I mean it !
>Cheers
>Bobby Sprint.
>robertdockrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx