Re: [ST] luggage'less (but hopefully not soon) in Dallas

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Eric Sheley wrote:

> At 03:36 PM 6/13/01 -0400, Thomas Emberson wrote:
> >    I here now, under my own free will state:
> >         Kawasaki Sucks
>
> See, that wasn't so hard now was it ?

Unfortunately it was not as hard as it should have been. For those
who do not know, my first three bikes, before the ST where '95
EX500, '98 ZX6e and '99 ZX9r. Very much loved each one, but Kawasaki
does not seem to be doing justice to what they have. The 9r is one
of the most comfortable super bikes on the road. But yet they don't
know how to market it. As well on the ZX list at least one person
has had their '00 ZX12r in the shop for 3 1/2 after a brutally
failed compression and leak down tests. 17k loving miles and they
are trying to figure out why the rings are failing.

Granted, I think no manufacture is perfect. No matter how hard you
try, you can't always be perfect, but Kawi just doesn't seem to
have enough of it anymore. Sorta like GM, just doesn't seem like
there are enough people who love the product running the company.

So far, I get the impression that Triumph is not having that problem.

Enough of my ramblings for one day.

t.

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664