Re: [ST] Belt Drive for T5

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Tynan" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Forgive me if I've missed something in the euphoria surrounding the belt
> drive for the strumpet (http://www.t5net.de/t5-riemenantrieb.htm), but I
was
> always of the impression that a toothed belt had to be tensioned. This
> article shows no evidence of such a mechanism, and leads me to be
> suspicious.

I visited a Buell dealer yesterday, and all I know is that there is no
tensioner for the belt on Buells either.  According to the dealer they've
had VERY good luck with belt drive and there is little need for adjustment.
However, I didn't look closely enough to see the relationship between the
swinging arm pivot and the countershaft sprocket.

I'm interested, but only if replacement belts can be ordered via Buell (ie.
I don't mind if the sprockets are 'one of' as they appear to be good for the
life of the bike)

Neil