RE: [ST] Belt drive.

Call me a skeptic. I'd love to get rid of the chain, sprockets, and
maintenance that go along with it. BUT, Triumph put out a real good product,
as we can all agree. I put a lot of trust in that. Having said that, do you
think that Triumph looked at all engineering possibilities and ruled that
the advantages of chain/sprocket outweigh those of a belt? I don't know what
they are, but there has to be some tradeoffs. If I'm wrong, then sure, I'd
be interested in the upgrade but it'd take a lot of convincing to do a major
change like this.

Chris Strizver
'00 Blue ST with oily 'n dirty swingarm, left pannier, lower frame, etc...

 Subject:	[ST] Belt drive...RE: st-digest V2001 #352