[ST] WOW!!! or Gear-pocalypse Now!

man O' man,

I am sorry I put off upgrading to the 17 tooth Daytona drive sprocket.
It accomplished what most needed to be done.

A.  Stop me from doing the tun all the time! (Really do not need any
tickets)

B.  Allow the bike to be ridable under 3000 rpm.

C.  All around more down low torque.

I found sixth gear at 5~5500 rpm to be a comfy cruising rpm, well now
5000rpm =80mph indicated, instead of being 95~100 mph. Now 8000rpm=120
indicated.
Where the bike used to pull like a freight train, it now pulls like two
Diesel Locomotives!
A hoped for benefit was that the bike be ridable from 2000~3000 rpm's,
it now is.  Making city stop and go much less nerve damaging. After
playing Harley tag in Laconia this past weekend, it will be of great
benefit!  A side effect, not what I was really after, the front can come
up easily at ~4500 rpm in first.

The job is easily a DIY.
You'll need:

36 mm socket  1/2 inch drive
1/2 inch extension
1/2 inch Torque wrench  (Snap-on for those that need to know, plus I've
S&K and Craftsman too)
Air or Electric Impact gun  (beats a breaker bar)

8mm 1/4 inch drive
1/4 inch ratchet
1/4 inch extension

17mm socket
3/8 drive ratchet
Long flat blade screwdriver  (beats the spanner tool IMNSHO)
Mullet or hammer

Time start to finnish: 35 minutes

The most esoteric tools you will need are a 36mm socket, and a Torque
wrench capable of 98 FT-LBs (converted from 132 Newton meters being (Nm
x .7376= Ft-Lbs(+error rate for my torque wrench))).

The only surprise I got was how hooked the old (19tooth) sprocket was.
It only has 8600 miles on it !?

Thanks for letting me share,

Peace,
Andrew