Re: [ST] Question about hard panniers for the ST

>Does anyone know the weight limits of the hard panniers (both side & top?

The official limit of the rack that supports the trunk is 11lbs. I've
grossly overdone that and the rack hasn't fallen off.

I don't know the limit of the side bags, but before the rallye I weighed
them to see if they were loaded somewhat evenly and they were around 25 lbs
each. In fact I found it a great way to get the front wheel off the ground
when the bike was on the centerstand. Something to remember next time I
change the front tire!

>If I order the 2 pannier kit, can you order the top pannier seperately later
>in the future, or do you have to decide between 2 & 3 when you make your
>initial order?

Better to order all at once so they are keyed the same. Note that the
luggage is a separate key from the ignition but they are easy to tell
apart. But two luggage keys would be an even bigger hassle.

Matt Knowles - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles/sprintst.html
Red '99 Sprint ST - Ferndale, CA (official Cow Town and home of "Moo Dawg")
'01 KLR650
'97 KLX300
'00 Lakota ATV