[ST] Patti's bad luck?

Patti,

I have to say you have the most patience I have ever heard of!

I don't want to sound like a know it all but I've been in the auto
industry for 20 years and owned M/C's for 25 years. I have never had a
car or M/C that I could not at least diagnose why it does not start. Why
a vehicle dies is another story, but once it dies, finding why it won't
start is relatively easy. If you find out why it won't start, this is
probably also the reason it dies. Are CalBMW going about this backwards?
When  your bike dies, if it will not restart, I think your problem
should be quite simple to diagnose. Diagnoses needs to take place at
this critical time when it won't restart.  Is there spark? Y/N Is there
fuel pressure? Y/N Which one is missing? Once you know which one, it is
matter of tracing backwards to find the missing link. There is NO WAY
this process should take very long. I hate to say that incompetence is
the real culprit here?

Don't everybody get mad, but what's up with these ST's? This past month
there has been way to many failures of ST's on this list. If you figure
how many people are regulars on this list and how many breakdowns or
unexplained problems have happened this month, the ratio is alarming!
I'm beginning to have second thoughts about my used ST purchase and am
almost afraid to go further than down my block for a ride, as I might
not make it back.:-(

Sorry for the negative post, but this is really discouraging. I LOVE my
ST, but I NEED to be able to trust it!

Scared to death,
Robert
'00 Blue ST