[ST] Re: st-digest V2001 #361 ( N.C. woes )

Jonathan,
	So - THAT'S - what those double yellow lines mean , huh?
	Unfortunately , a one week trip to North Carolina once annually is a big
enough stretch for me. You
see , my wife doesn't ride and can't understand the obsession ( if you
have to ask etc.). We both work , so I'm
needed during the day to be Mr. Mom. Have no fear, though - as a result
our 6 yr old daughter has already been infected with the motorcycle bug -
 heh heh heh. Anyhow,  I currently could justify an Alps trip about as
easily as I could justify a girlfriend...
	As far as commercial traffic , I understand that one will occasionally
encounter commercial trucks at Deal's Gap * gulp *. IMHO , no comm. tfc
on the Blue Ridge is fantastic! We encountered very little traffic at
either place , perhaps because the " season " hadn't yet started. With a
couple of exceptions cagers let us pass unmolested and local law
enforcement -er- revenue enhancement personnel must have been at home.
	The ridged pavement you refer to I also encountered. ( On the Tenn. side
if we're on the same page.)
That stretch, here in the Pittsburgh Pa. area, would be considered
pristine and would draw locals who have never encountered post WWII
pavement. Perhaps your problem was the result of an inferior motorcycle
?? Hmmm
	 I'm sorry your N.C. trip wasn't entirely satisfactory - I imagine yours
was a bit more expensive than mine
too. As for me , a married motorcyclist on a budget , I'll be back next
June!
	I still am confident that all you Rallyers ( who haven't ridden the Alps
) will be plenty entertained.
	Unless you're stuck riding  something other than a Sprint...

		Yours , Adam - 99 ST