[ST] RE: Robert is .... overly concerned & tires

Ken M. sez - I have to agree with Bill (though with a milder tone). - and
is - One very happy customer, so far.
Yeah, kind of got on ole' Robert a little there. Watching this whole thing
with Patti has been a bit frustrating - that shop should have done the right
thing about 3 months ago and have given her a new bike and fight it out with
Triumph later. Only problem I electrically that makes sense is the grounding
pin burning out. It sure seems like some component fried or stray voltage is
zapping something. Patti - make them tell you what fixed it after you get
your new bike and satisfy our collective curiosity!
Tires - I only got 5,500 miles on my back tire. I actually had cord showing!
Yikes! So my only complaint is the tires don't last. (comment from Mickey
"hey Bill, you still had a few right hand turns left in it!" as the right
side of the tire was the only place with any semblance of remaining tread).
I put 205's on it (changed out the front 'stone as well) and carefully
scuffed them in, but I think there was a big improvement in handling (sez he
with the bald back tire).
Bill Findiesen
99 ST with new shoes by Dunlop and no problems other than need more time to
ride.