Re: [ST] Robert is Scared to death

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001 21:06:53 -0700, "Ken Mitchell"
<ken_mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I've had my RS since March 17, 2000, and have racked up 16,000 miles, riding
>almost exclusively on weekends. Though I've yet to be out on more than a 3
>day event (1200 miles), I've had no complaints with my Triumph. And I had
>almost FOUR MONTHS straight of zero riding because of our harsh, snowy
>winter in the northeast.

As one who was unlucky enough to have a major engine problem, let me
toss in my two cents on this as well:

No worries Robert.

My Sprint is up to 57,000 miles and, aside from the suicidal spark
plug, has yet to have a serious problem. No unexplained stalling. No
leaving me stranded. No failure to start. Nothing. All I've had to do
to it is routine maintenance and replacement of wearing parts. Which,
I might add, has not yet included the clutch. When it comes to
reliability, my Sprint is about a boring as a Honda. Lots more
interesting when it's being ridden though.