[ST] [RE] for Bill - gas mileage

Howdy,

	After riding with fellow lister John Morin, I am convinced that
his ST runs on air only. When coming back to Dallas, Texas from Hot
Springs, Arkansas, he rode all the way on one tank. He put in something
like 4.7 gallons and he had gone 270 miles!! Of course he was drafting
behind our Dodge truck with a shell on the back the whole way. On our
romping around the southwest before the Western Rallye, he continued to
get well over 50mpg, despite long high speed runs across the desert and
high altitude riding. Maybe it is just the BRG color? Blue's get babes,
Reds go fast, BRG's get great mileage? For the record, my new 2001 VFR
gets about 52mpg in those same conditions ;-)

Adios,

Scott Friday
98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2001 Honda VFR 800 Fi