[ST] Paint matching

Went for my first 2-up overnight tour this w/e. 600 km of pure cruising fun
including first time bottoming out against the centre stand around a lumpy
deceptively tight c. 80 km/h right hander. Despite the heavy jolt, the bike
behaved impeccably and inspired confidence. 62 mpg (UK). Alas, the fun was
tainted.........

Dropped the bike on RH. Major bummer! Usual story: two up, full tank of
petrol, full panniers + tank bag, Sunday morning without so much as a cup of
coffee to kick start me (we were off to breakfast elsewhere), pillion
gassing away in my earphones (new intercom) distracting me, attempting very
slow tight U-turn on a narrow sloped road (after missing turning), foot out,
long way down, lose gravel, too heavy, over she goes. First time in 22 years
I've dropped a bike! Both of us tried to hold her up and the panniers were
full of cloths, so fortunately she went down as soft as a baby. The only
thing hurt amongst the two of us was my pride which took a *severe* dent :(

After 10 mins of me painting the air blue we continued to ride for 200 km no
problems and I've now given her a good look over:
- - approx dozen minor scratches to RH side mid fairing, including a few over
the 'Sprint ST' transfer
- - approx half dozen minor scratches to RH lower (belly) fairing and one
deeper scratch underneath
- - *possible* bent bolt which secures the RH handlebar counterbalance?
- - *probably* bent bracket(s) which secure the mid fairing because the
fairing is pushing up against the bolt head on RH of oil level viewing
window.

As far as I can see that's it. There are also a few minor scratches to the
RH mirror, but not worth worrying about. Should I be looking hard elsewhere
for other damage? Lucky escape I suppose. As I understand it could have been
a lot worse? The exhaust, pegs, levers etc weren't touched.....I can
thoroughly recommend stuffed-to-the-limit (Triumph) soft panniers as crash
bars! Is this a record for minimum damage?

Depending upon the cost of repairs and/or replacement (and the offset cost
of losing my no-claim bonus) I will or will not try to claim on insurance.
Before I do so I'd like to ask other subscribers about paint matching. My
BRG ST is just 5 weeks old (agghh, the pain, lost count of the number of old
bombs I've never so much as scratched!) so that should -presumably- make it
easier to match the paint work? But will it be perfect? I could live with a
less-than-pristine respray to the lower belly fairing because it will get
chipped etc with use, but I would like the mid fairing to be pristine. Like
I said, fortunately the dozen or so scratches are -I think- minor.

If I do replace both fairing pieces (and don't claim on insurance), does a
market exist for such damaged goods so I can try and recover some of the
costs?

Barry (wallowing in woe!)
MMI BRG (with 'shooting star' custom paint job!:) 2.2K km
Brisbane, Australia