Re: [ST] help: engine light?

Previously, you (Thomas Emberson) wrote:
> Today, first commute to work with the luggage, and the check engine
> light won't go off. I was very careful no to touch any other wires.
> double checked the gas tank connection when I got to work.
>
> Cycled power/starts several (>3) times, but still on.

IIRC you need to have a number (3?) of full cool-to-hot engine cycles
before the light resets.

> The only thing I can think of is, as a dolt, I tried to start the
> bike with out the gas tank on to make sure all was well after my
> tap into the electrical system. No excuse, but on the 9r this would
> have been no problem, obviously enough.

DOH!

> So is this a code that will go away after 100 miles or so. Or do
> I need to head to the dealership and have them put then gameboy on
> it.

If you are in a hurry (or really worried about the cause) then a gameboy
can determine the reason and reset the code.  Or, just wait a bit.

Enjoy your trip.  Ride safe.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL