RE: [ST] Patti's bad luck?

Patti,

Don't mention the L-word! At least let's all be grateful we don't have
Magneti Marelli electrics fitted, like Ducati.  Hear this:  my mate's ST2
(10k miles only) died in the middle of Wales last weekend.  Surgeon's
diagnosis was that it was the alternator - and that was the FOURTH
alternator he had had fitted under warranty.  Not that I expect this to make
anything better, but at least you know it could be a lot worse!  We suspect
that chez Ducati, they only spend money if its relevant to racing, hence
crap electrics.  However, before I suggest we should be grateful Triumph
don't go racing, perhaps we should wait and see exactly why your Sprint
doesn't want to play.  Hope you get a fix quick.

BTW, I am puzzled at the find of problems you people are having over there
with gremlins and mileage.  My 99 ST has 12,500 miles, never missed a beat
and gets ridden through London traffic in the week and exercised in Wales
and northern/central France at weekends.  Mileage is about 58mpg with 10
year old son on back in touring mode, down to just over 50 solo on the
twisties and 45 -48 around town.  (UK gallons)

Kevin
London, UK
99 ST