Re: [ST] Lurker surfaces... educate me, please

>The above is a quote from another list member. One thing I have in common
>with the person who wrote this is that reliability is very important too me;
>very important. Please don't get me wrong. My intention is not to ruffle any
>feathers or start any list battles but I must say that as a newcomer, and a
>non-owner but prospective buyer, I am having second thoughts about buying an
>ST. The ST is a beautiful bike and I am hoping that by writing this, you ST
>riders can convince me the ST is not as troublesome as one might think from
>reading these posts.

In any discussion group, the voices that you will hear most are the ones
that have complaints-- how often does someone post a message saying that
their bike didn't fail this week?

Most Sprints are very reliable.  Mine has been extremely quirky, but
there will be bad apples in any barrel.  I'm sure that if you subscribed
to the VFR mailing list, or any other motorcycle list, you'd come across
stories just like mine-- a bike that seems to be haunted by a mysterious
ghost that causes all manner of odd problems.

Remember that my latest problem started on my way home from 6K service.
That's an odd coincidence that I still haven't written off-- it still
feels somewhat likely that it was inadvertently caused by the mechanic,
not by an inherent problem with the bike.  I don't know, and I may never
know.

Would I buy another Sprint right now?  I don't know, but I probably
would.  I love the bike, and I know that my case is an odd one.

- -Patti