[ST] Re: triumph race can

> I would love to hear from anybody that has had this work done

I have a 2000 RS with carbon can, and I've now done about 10,000 miles with
it.

It's expensive, but to me well worth it. It's not ultra loud, in fact it's
still quieter than some stock Japanese bikes, but it does take on a nice
deep woody growly sort of tone. It doesn't seem to add much power at the top
end (apparently you need to fit a K&N to see that). So why bother? Well it
gives a MUCH fatter mid-range! Resulting in effortless overtaking,
effortless speed. It also fills in that rough patch below 3000 so improves
low rev behaviour, allowing it to pull smoothly from as low as 2000 rpm, and
making it much better behaved in traffic. I recommend asking for the idle CO
to be set to 3%, and swapping from 19 to 18 teeth up front too, which makes
the bike just about perfect. It also allows it to pull wheelies on the
throttle rather easily in 1st, 2nd and even 3rd (over bumps), if that's your
thing ;-)

Barry