Re: [ST] help: engine light?

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, STeve Duncan wrote:

> WHY did you have to mess with that damned bracket, again???  You should be
> getting pretty good at it by now.

You have to rotate it a bit to get the lock cylinder into the mud
flap.

> And anyone, needing luggage installed, Tom & I are available for a nominal
> fee.  (let's see, 6 hours @ $50.00/hr for Tom & $30.00/hr for me, [Tom did
> most of the work] ...that's about $480.00/U.S) and you have to pay any
> airline tickets!

Honest, after doing it, if, I mean if, all the parts fit the way
they where advertised to, and if there was a warning that you should
really install the top box first!, then one person with an extra
couple of hands once in a while should be able to do it in under
3 hours.

But, considering we needed the jaws of life to get the f'n brace
in, I can see why dealerships get pissed about get paid only 2
hours for installation of the bags.

As Steve and I completely agreed, why did Triumph not design the
rear subframe with the supports required. Whats with the strengthening
plate et al.

Speaking of which the front support just bends if you torque the
bolt/nut too much. Need gussets at the end, but the you would have
to cut some of the plastic out. It will be interesting to see how
it does on the trip. But I am going to guess that at some point I
am going to have to remove it and add the gussets :-(

There are 2 or 3 places where Triumph could have added one or two
more minutes of though to the bike.

Tom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664