[ST] Trusting your ST

Patti and Steve are the only two I've know with MAJOR problems recently.  We've had
two others on the list that I am aware of.  Steven Kohlscheen is waiting on a
diagnosis of his fuel problem, so the verdict is still out on this, but I bet this
will get fixed fairly easily.

My husband and I have two '99 Sprint STs.  I have 31,000 + miles on mine, and he has
27,000 + on his.  The only time one of them left us stranded while on a ride was
when Richard forgot to get gas.  That wasn't the STs fault :-).  Now, we had had
your occasional dead battery and punctured tire, which again, are not just problems
with an ST.  The closest I got to getting stranded was with my ignition wiring
problem, which was common on some of the first '99 STs and was easily solved by
rerouting, and we all know about the fuel sender problem which is now hopefully
fixed.  Naturally, since this list is a wealth of information, when something goes
wrong, it will be posted, but when everything is "right", you won't hear about it.

I have obviously had a few repairs done under warranty, and I did purchase an
extended warranty because I plan to keep my bike for another 3-4 years and it's
"high milage", but I do not hesitate to trust my ST on a trip.  In fact, next
summer, when she'll be closer to 40,000 + miles, we'll be taking the STs and two yet
to be determined motorcycles from Texas to California and back, with two friends of
ours from South Africa.

I have to say I love my ST now even more than I did the day I got her :-)!

Lisa White
Houston, Texas