Re: [ST] Lurker surfaces... educate me, please

original post:
>ST riders can convince me the ST is not as troublesome as one might think
>from
> >reading these posts.

Then Patti responded:

>Remember that my latest problem started on my way home from 6K service.
>That's an odd coincidence that I still haven't written off--

Well since I seem to be the (only) other lister having a current major
problem (engine goes boom!) I will second her opinion.  I have owned this
bike a little over a year and 17,000 plus trouble free miles.  That is until
my catastrophic failure, May 23rd. I have owned 10 bikes over the last 30
years.  They all have had their quirks (none blew up tho').  But based on
the OVERALL reliability of this bike I would not hesitate to recommend an ST
to a friend.  And I would not hesitate to buy another Triumph. Daytona,
calling my name...........

Come to think of it Patti, my failure happened just after my 12,000 mile
service.  Coincidence?????????

My main complaint with Triumph has been parts/accessory support (or lack
of).  But that can be attributed to "growing pains".  I'm sure Triumph looks
at demand outstripping supply as a "good" problem to have!  8-)

STeve Duncan
Underdawg
2K -ST (Betty)
Dallas, TX