[ST] Riding in London II

Thanks for the reponses guys, seems like the South West of England is the
place to be for enlightened councils.  I'd go tomorrow, I just think my wife
might actually let me!

I was riding down the archway last week, and I noticed this week far fewer
using bus lanes. Now I know why!  I suppose its neater to keep those lanes
free of those ugly motorbike thingies, shame about the mess when they get
squashed by the jam jars when they stay out of them though! Still a Council
has to have its priorities.

Right close to me, an enlightened employer is stopping upto 60 bikers from
using some spare land for parking starting this week.  Everyone of them had
a notice attached to their bikes last week that they will now be clamped.
Meanwhile a biker in another city street gets a ticket as his tyres were on
a car parking bay, the bike bays were completely full, but there wasn't a
car in the rest of the road.  I reckon we should be allowed to park
lengthways along the pavement! It wouldn't block anyone, but will require
imagination and daring from the council officials. I say good luck to the
BMF.  I'll need to find out about them.

I guess I wanting to sound off as I was so annoyed that bikers who help keep
the roads clear of congestion, generally damage the environment less, yet
suffer so much from predjudice.  It aint right.

On the plus side, the ride down through Hitchin, Welwyn, and down to London
on the A10  is absolutely brilliant.  It sets me up for the day, and gets me
smiling thinking about going home. Its  a bit longer than the M1, but who
cares!

happy riding all.

Alex (2000 Black Sprint ST)