Re: [ST] Gas Mileage and Standard Deviations

I would agree with you that the range of + or - 5
usmpg here and there could be due to the everyday
innacuracy of us and the measuring devices.  I do,
however, go through the exact same procedure each and
every time I fill up (since I bought the bike new).  I
place bike on the side stand fill very carefully until
the fuel level just touches the filler neck.  I write
the miles I've traveled on the reciept from the gas
pump and do the math when I get home.

The first year I got barely a 1 or 2 mgp difference
every time (49 - 52 usmpg).  This year as noted in
mileage changed with each successive adjustment to the
tune and is now varying wildly between a max of 47
usmpg and min of 40 usmpg.

Something is wrong.

Steve Bergman

00 Sprint ST

- --- Rich Hartwick <hartwick@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> With the recent postings on varying gas mileage, and
> observing my own range of numbers (average probably
> 45-47
> mpg, best ever 54mpg US), it struck me that the
> average gas
> pump and the variable level that we refill our tanks
> would be more than enough to account for the
range......