From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of John
Morin
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 6:05 PM
To: 'ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [ST] Garmin GPS eTrex Vista

..snip..The problem with the eTrex is that the button are on the side and
not very
easy to use, and I could not find a suitable mount.

  I have and eTrex Vista and don't have a problem manipulating the buttons,
except for the cursor "stick".  I'm not trying to lay in new nav points or
make changes while moving anyway so have no trouble working the unit.  As
far as the mount you have I also ordered the exact mount for the eTrex, the
only thing that changes is the holder for the specific unit.

..snip..I was able to upload a full weeks worth of routes in addition to
road and
recreation info for over 20 counties and still had plenty of memory left.
(Bought the one with 8 meg card.)

  The Vista will accept the exact same map information as the EMap, but it
doesn't use any data cartridges.  The Vista has 24MB of memory hard wired in
the unit and unlike the EMap it is totally WATERPROOF not "splash
resistant".  That was one of the major selling points to me as well as the
built in memory.

Brad "Deviled Dawg" Applegate
'00 Sapphire Blue Sprint ST