What do I really need? was Re: [ST] RE: Trust me on this, get an eMap.

Bill,

Having just returned from a 4000+ mile 10 state loop I can tell you that you
may still use the following (because I did):

Regular old fold out maps. Laminate sections you want at your local copy
shop.
Stock seat
Stock bar risers
Small can of chain lube rather that auto oiler
Rear hugger would keep your bike cleaner but bike works fine without it.

I'll bet you'd have to take a couple of trips before the Garmin things would
be familiar enough to be of much value, but that is total speculation.

THE ONE THING that you definiteley need aside from the obvious protective
gear is a good rain suit. Or mabey that is obvious too but I went 35000
miles without one, have one of the Triumph Chevron ones now & wish I'd
bought one long ago.

Good Luck,

John 'Apex Dawg'
Red ' 00 ST